Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday - Haiti Communitere

After lunch today, we visited Haiti Communitere, an incubator for proposed projects in Haiti.  Organizations with an idea to work in Haiti contracts with Haiti Communitere to see if the idea or design is feasible.  At their site, there were some very innovative pilot projects.  Ubuntu blox was one of the project houses.

(While in Haiti, I was having problems with the blog.  I decided to complete it when returning home.  However, my camera was stolen at the Port-au-Prince Airport.  I had packed my carry on bag with the camera under dirty t-shirts.  The carry on was put inside a normal piece of luggage.  When I arrive home, it was apparent that both bags had been opened and the only area rifled in my smaller bag was where the camera was.  It is as if the thief knew exactly where the camera was.  Thus, I do not have photos.  Perhaps, when other team members post their photos, I will be able to put some in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment